"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

05 July 2009

Plant a Billion Trees: $1=1 TREE

This month, 10% of profits from my Etsy shop, SilentLotus Creations, will be donated to an organization I learned of from Belinda of viceroyrose, a fellow EtsyVeg member who donates 100% of her shop revenue to The Nature Convervancy's "Plant a Billion Trees" project. This massive reforestation effort seeks to restore 2.5 million acres of land and plant 1 billion trees in Brazil's Atlantic Forest over the next 7 years. Planting one tree for every $1 US donated, the project's success will fight global climate change by removing 10 million tons of carbon dioxide from the earth every year, the equivalent of removing 2 million cars from the roads!



Another opportunity to support a worthy cause by shopping at SilentLotus Creations is by purchasing a copy of Cooking With Compassion, a vegan cookzine that benefits Peaceful Prairie, a sanctuary for abused and neglected farm animals.

Could you ask for a better excuse for shopping? Give back while supporting handmade and an indpendent artisan! :)

1 comment:

Belinda said...

Thanks so much for talking about the charity and my shop, Kylie! :D

-Belinda
http://viceroyrose.etsy.com/