"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

13 July 2009

Pittsburgh Out Loud: An Afternoon in the Park

Yesterday was another unbelievably brilliant Sunday afternoon here in the 'Burgh. One of our favorite things to do on a leisurely, beautiful day is pack some food (veggie dogs and vegan potato salad) and reading material and head to Flagstaff Hill in Schenley Park, right across from Phipps Conservatory. We did just that, and this time it was windy enough that T brought her kite! It was a fun time between that, soaking up the sun and beautiful breeze, and people watching- and there were plenty of people to watch! In that somewhat small stretch of park we encountered a percussion group playing, a guy practicing tightrope walking, a game of Ultimate, and plenty o' sunbathers, runners, cyclers, and picnickers. :) They actually show free movies on Flagstaff all summer on Sunday and Wednesday nights as part of the Pittsburgh Parks & Rec Cinema in the Park program, but we weren't too into the movie they planned to show yesterday, so skipped out early. Check out my photos!



Love the view of Oakland and Mt. Washington from here...




A game of Ultimate Frisbee...



T flying her butterfly kite!




Purdy blue butterfly kite- this time it soared, using up all of its string! It matches the tattoo on the back of my neck...




Squirrely checkin' out our picnic...



Awesome percussion group serenaded us the whole time- YES! Love me some drums... Wish we'd had ours so we could join in...




Bet you didn't believe me about the tightrope walker... :P




4 comments:

Hi, I'm Kelly said...

so cool. Love the cute butterfly kite! and a tightrope walker?!?! never seen one of those!

Anonymous said...

Great pics! It sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon. Jenn and I saw someone in McCarren Park practicing tightrope walking when we were there too. Must be a popular park activity. : )

Julie Webb Photography said...

What a nice day in the park! I love kites and the butterfly one is so pretty. :)

Lotus Out Loud ॐ said...

thanks for your comments, everyone! :D