"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

09 July 2009

Eating Out Loud: Vegan Pizza!

Pizza made at home is a weekly staple in our house... :) Our favorite: "white" pizza crust (homemade or storebought) brushed with olive oil and garlic; vegan cheeze (Follow Your Heart's Vegan Gourmet Mozzarella is my fave vegan cheese for pizza) for me and mozz (dairy) for T; sometimes fresh basil; thin slices of Roma tomatoes; long slivers of roasted red peppers; a small handful of pin nuts; and liberal sprinklings of dried oregano, basil, and garlic to finish it off. Never fails to hit the spot!

This particular evening, we added broccoli to use up what was in the fridge. Figured out I am not a fan of broccoli on pizza after all... won't do again. Now if only I could get my cheeze to melt fully before T's mozz burns... :/





3 comments:

3 AM Art said...

Looks great!! I like my broccoli with this spicy peanut, tofu dip we can get here. I'm trying to dissect the ingredients to DIY. Currently purchasing it at the living earth. It's awesome. Just the perfect spice! It's that or Italian dressing, and adding it to salads. Maybe broccoli steamed or brocclini would be better on pizza? I love that your blogging!! :)

VeggieAmanda said...

This looks very delicious! Can you send me a slice. :)

Lotus Out Loud ॐ said...

heather, thank you so much for saying that! :) *hug* and thank you for reading, both of you!

heather, i have a really yummy peanut sauce recipe if you'd like it! it's a sweeter sauce and the main ingred. is p-butter (no tofu). :)

Amanda, I'm not sure how well pizza travels by mail! :P ;)