"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

29 July 2009

Backyard Friends- Squirrel

This may be the squirrel who eats my porch! I spied her the other day in my backyard digging up nuts stored last year for winter and munching on fallen crab apples.

There are so many squirrels in my tree-filled neighborhood. I enjoy watching them travel from tree to tree without ever touching the ground or getting languid and cozy to take a snooze on a branch. Squirrels are so cute and silly when they roll around playing together and chasing one another- I love that. Some also get very angry at my kitty when we let her in our fenced yard to wander a bit- lol! They often climb onto a very low branch and squeak and chirp at her until she comes inside. She's oblivious to all of it. We call them "squirrelies" when we try to tell her about them. Haha!

One thing I wonder about... do the squirrels with the biggest, bushiest tails have higher status in the squirrel community? Hmmmm... ;)



No comments: