"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

22 July 2009

Pittsburgh Out Loud: The Orchids at Phipps Conservatory

Orchids are this ethereal, magical, mysterious species of plant that pull me in and enrapture me. Along with their tantalizing beauty come remarkable ways of adapting and thriving in even the most life-unfriendly habitats. I have two orchid plants (a Phalaeonopsis and a Cattleya) that are several years old. They are healthy, green and strong with new baby leaves every growing season, but no flowers whatsoever to speak of! Two others died, and two more I gave away to a friend who has a green thumb with orchids (they flowered for her within months- doh!). So I settle for trips to Phipps Conservatory to feed my desire to experience orchid-amazingess and the healing quietude of their beauty ... Here are some of my faves there...











3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Oh yes, oh yes... so very pretty! Thanks for posting these glorious photos!

3 AM Art said...

Wonderful! Glorious! Fantastic! I really love the red ones. I love the dark purple ones too. They are all just so lovely! Thanks for showing me them!! XOXO Heather :)

Lotus Out Loud ॐ said...

Awww... thanks, Rebecca and Heather! :) I loved sharing them!