"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

21 July 2009

An Honored Visitor

We had a rare visitor to our yard this weekend! My partner and I spied this extraordinary large Polyphemus Moth hitching a ride on the back of someone working on the landscape of our overgrown yard, and rescued it. It was striking, with a wingspan of 4-5" at least, and was surprisingly fuzzy and soft. Unfortunately, it seemed very weak and was likely near the end of its lifecycle. We placed it gently on a sheltered hibiscus branch and said goodbye, then stood for a moment in awe of it's beauty and majesty.

It was a pleasure to meet you. Wish you could have stayed for a while...





3 comments:

Unknown said...

amazing photos, beautiful creature.

Hi, I'm Kelly said...

wow! thats amazing. What a lovely sight to see!

Lotus Out Loud ॐ said...

Thanks! It was amazing... I was in awe!