"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

09 April 2012

Handmade Bliss: Lil Fish Studios

Lisa Jordan of Lil Fish Studios is an artisan inspired by the earth and nature, texture, sustainability and the beauty in simplicity. Her lovingly felted textural embroidered stones and tiny felted landscape brooches soothe my spirit and evoke a quiet joy in my heart, as do the thoughts and observations featured on her blog. Whether sharing about growing, baking, family or creating, Lisa relishes in the small pleasures of the every day, reminding me to dwell in the tiniest of happinesses. It is our shared love of feeding the soul and DIY living that led me to follow her on the web, where I find her Facebook page and blog (I love her tutorials and her experiments with natural dyes) a source of wonderful daily inspiration.

Lil Fish Studio's work led me to stumble upon her via Etsy (she now sells mostly on Big Cartel). I was instantly charmed by her designs, which are beauteous, sweet, and evocative of a true appreciation of the expressions of life.





2 comments:

Lisa at lil fish studios said...

Oh my goodness. You are too kind. And I am very flattered. Thank you!

Kalaya Steede said...

Those are pretty amazing!