"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

13 September 2010

Lady Gaga... WTF?

Okay, so I adore and am a huge fan of Lady Gaga, but I am so disappointed in her and so pissed off about her wearing an outfit entirely made of meat for a recent magazine cover and for the Video Music Awards. I won't post a picture, but you can Google it. To Ellen Degeneres she claimed she did not want to disrespect vegans and vegetarians, but how is wearing meat as a fashion statement NOT disrespectful?!?! Never mind whether or not she offends us veggies, but what about the animals who died to make her outfit and the million more who will die because society is still sending the message that commodification of animals for human use is okay? For fashion, for food, for sport... It's so f***ed up and WRONG! :( >:[ It's the ultimate disrespect of life!

3 comments:

VeggieAmanda said...

How disgusting! Not only am I not a fan of her music, style, and lyrics- now I have one more thing to add to my list of reasons why I dislike her.

kxm said...

Not to mention that the meat just went to waste. If someone was able to eat the food, at least someone would be getting nourishment from it, but to use animals' bodies for sheer spectacle is just grossly wasteful and hideously cruel.

Epic FAIL, Lady Gaga.

Lotus Out Loud ॐ said...

Well said!