"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

15 July 2010

Crafty Out Loud: Creative Frenzy

Always, leading up to a show, I am in a creative frenzy and busting out pieces left and right, keeping late hours and getting stiffer by the day (thank you yoga for fixing that). Feeling a little slowed down this week, but plowing ahead.

Anyway, wanted to post some pictures of a couple of pieces I have made with my hardware finds from Construction Junction that I posted about last week. The brass and steel pieces that are the base for the two necklaces are things I grabbed on my "treasure" hunt because I loved the shape. I cleaned'em up and polished and filed them as best I could and made them into jewels with vintage and antique glass and silver adornments. I still have no idea what the hardware purpose is of either. lol All parts of these three pieces are vintage except for the sterling chain with the silver pendant.

Lemme know what you think! And see lots more at South Side Works Artists Exposed Market all this weekend. :)








Tie clip! My first venture into upcycled accessories for masculine garb.


3 comments:

VeggieAmanda said...

I love the new pieces you made. What a great way to recycle the materials that you found!

Jan Cohen said...

Love them. Great job. What did you use to clean them with? I think my basement is now a treasure trove of great finds for me! thanks

Lotus Out Loud ॐ said...

Thank you so much for the compliments! :)

Jan, I cleaned them with dish liquid to remove the oils, using a toothbrush on those that needed it. I am using a Sunshine Cloth to polish everything further, and a file to smooth edges. :)

Have fun! And share pictures!