"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

14 June 2010

Razblint and the Two Bears

Last year I vended at the same local indie craft event as Margaret from Razblint, known as PenelopeBox on Etsy and multi-talented, dynamic, and compassionate creator of fantastical and adorable handmade creatures, bizarre art, stories and films, and loads more! I fell in love with Margaret's unusual plushies right away, so when we again ended up vending at the same event a couple of months ago I was super happy. When I saw a crafty shopper walking from Margaret's table away with an adorable stuffed panda that would be a perfect gift for my new baby niece, I asked her to make one for me. And she DID! YAY! :)













The panda is just too cute for words, super soft (made from fleecy upcycled sweatshirts), and waiting for baby love (or love from you)! Don't you love her?

When T saw my niece's panda, she asked me to contact Margaret about making another special bear for a new baby, this one a brown bear with a Canadian maple leaf for expecting friends from Canada. haha And she DID! And wait until you see him? He's all soft and brown and velvety (made from an upcyled velvet coat) and very, very wide and squishy. :)


Thanks so much to Margaret for crafting these adorable, sweet bears just for us! You're wonderful! :)

No comments: