"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

25 August 2013

Earth Song

I happened to watch the video for Michael Jackson's "Earth Song" this week. It'd been so long since I had seen it, but it comes closer than anything I have seen in a long time to showing the kind of desperate, heart-breaking, incomprehensible grief and intensity I feel over the devastating destruction of the planet and abhorrent suffering of all living beings.  Such a grief and anger and helplessness that goes beyond expression and comprehension.  HOW CAN ANYONE ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN, to choose greed and self-interest over the protection and sanctity of lives, of LIFE?  I don't understand.  I only hope that more and more people are inspired to do something, anything!  Each action, no matter how big or small, makes a difference and fights back!



No comments: