"If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud." ~ Emile Zola

11 August 2011

My Painting is in a Buddhist Journal!

A few weeks ago, I received a convo via Etsy from asking for permission to use one of my painting images on the cover of a Buddhist journal!

A representative from the Society Of Mountains and Rivers Zen Institute in New Zealand had stumbled across one of my bird paintings online, and wanted to know if I would mind if they used it for the cover of their journal. Of course I sad yes!

Manawa, The New Zealand Zen Journal ended up opting for another image for their cover due to a "bleed" issue, but I was still thrilled and honored to learn that they still wanted to use my painting for an inside page. Yay!

I received a copy of the beautiful, zen-filled journal in the mail today! Have a look! :)






























































Thanks so much to Geoff Moore (who so kindly contacted me) and the Society of Mountains and Rivers for the extraordinary honor!

4 comments:

Kathryn Hansen said...

that's awesome!!! AND it looks beautiful..altho i think they should have still used it as the cover!!

Lotus Out Loud ॐ said...

Thank you so much, Kathryn! *Hug* :)

Kunklebaby said...

That's so AWESOME! Congrats!

Lotus Out Loud ॐ said...

Aw, thank you! :D xo